Join now - be part of our community!

Sky News Missing

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
libretto2001
Explorer

Sky News Missing

Morning everyone. Can someone help me with a mystery, i have a Sony Bravia KDL32ex403 tv and was going through all the channels and found no Sky News and no channel 132 which its supposed to be on, it skips from 131 to 170. Ahh, a retune methinks?, still no good!!, even a factory reset?, still no good!! a week signal possibly?? Nope!! both strength and quality are in the green. Just cannot work it out so has anybody got any thoughts please:confused:. All ideas gratefully received:slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
libretto2001
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the info. Since posting this, did a lot of trawling on the net and found out it is Com5 Mux I'm missing as there are more channels not there, like Dave etc, that I didnt realise. What I now dont understand is why I'm missing this Com5 when there is a strong, good quality signal, could it be the type of aerial??. The next problem is manually tuning it on the telly, was on with Sony for an hour yesterday trying to update the firmware and do a manual tune, got that frustrated, I gave up.:angry: So gonna leave it for a few days, till my bloods stopped boiling!!! and have another go. Anymore thoughts you come up with will be more than welcome.

Thanks again, Phil.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only thing I can suggest is to do a manual tune of the channel.  See:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/manual_retuning

It is weird though that you are missing one channel.  TV channels are normally 'packaged' together as part of a Multiplex of channels.  Normally if one is missing, then the others on the same multiplex are missing. 

See:

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes

Under COM5 or (ARQ A) for the other channels on the same multiplex as Sky News (132)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
libretto2001
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the info. Since posting this, did a lot of trawling on the net and found out it is Com5 Mux I'm missing as there are more channels not there, like Dave etc, that I didnt realise. What I now dont understand is why I'm missing this Com5 when there is a strong, good quality signal, could it be the type of aerial??. The next problem is manually tuning it on the telly, was on with Sony for an hour yesterday trying to update the firmware and do a manual tune, got that frustrated, I gave up.:angry: So gonna leave it for a few days, till my bloods stopped boiling!!! and have another go. Anymore thoughts you come up with will be more than welcome.

Thanks again, Phil.