Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL42W805A HDMI Switching

SOLVED
pcgtron
New

Bravia KDL42W805A HDMI Switching

Hi all.

I bought this new television today, and I love it so far, but the thing at the moment that is bothering me is the HDMI inputs don't switch automatically when turning each piece of equipment on. The Sky box is on HDMI1, a pc on HDMI 3 and an xbox360 on HDMI 4. 

I've just got rid of an old bravia kdl-40u2000 and I had a 3 way switch plugged into the back of this due to this television only having 1 HDMI port. Now the new tv has 4, I thought this would be easy but no, I have to manually switch the AV input. Am I missing something very simple, or does this option just not exist. 

Thanks in advance for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
roger97
New

The kdl42w805 does support HDMI switching if you switch on HDMI control. However, I suspect that none of your connected equipment has HDMI control so HDMI switching will not work. I have a PVR and a Blu-ray player connected to my sony tv and HDMI switching works perfectly. I also have Apple TV connected and this does not support HDMI control so I have to switch HDMI input manually.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
roger97
New

The kdl42w805 does support HDMI switching if you switch on HDMI control. However, I suspect that none of your connected equipment has HDMI control so HDMI switching will not work. I have a PVR and a Blu-ray player connected to my sony tv and HDMI switching works perfectly. I also have Apple TV connected and this does not support HDMI control so I have to switch HDMI input manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are absolutely correct roger97

The Sky box does not support HDMI-CEC fuctions, nor does the Xbox 360.  And a PC wont either.

HDMI-CEC = Bravia Sync

pcgtron
New

Thank you all for your help. Manual it is then.

Annoying really, when a small cheap HDMI splitter from Maplin can do it but an expensive TV cannot.

Oh well

roger97
New

As I said before, your tv CAN do HDMI switching . The problem lies with your connected equipment. They are are not sending any HDMI control signals to the tv.

petgarne3
New

Well i just got home with this and very disappointed so far....

connecting a computer via hdmi and the audio is not getting through. Have restarted in various orders, played with the settings, but nothing. I have another bravia tv that is just 3 years old and that works fine, with the same computer. One of the reasons why i stuck with Sony.

any ideas? other than take it back ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Are you sure that you audio is NOT disabled when HDMI cable is connected?  Just double check anyhow - ensure there is no tick next to disable - Control Panel > Sound :

Disable HDMI Audio OUT.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

Hi! I have same problem with hdmi autoswitching on my Sony KDL55W905A! And i believe, that the reason for that is my Sony tv! I had before Panasonic Plasma tv and there was no problems with hdmi autoswitching. The problem is with my  Digibox, Handan 9901. My Sony Bluray is working ok (hdmi autosswitching) with my Sony tv, so it was also with my previous Panasonic Plasma!