Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Motionflow / Smooth Effect

alex.alexutz89
Explorer

Bravia Motionflow / Smooth Effect

Hello,

How do i turn off this effect? I tried everything, including going into picture options and selecting custom mode, turning off motionflow, but the smooth effect still seems to be there, reduced, but definately still there, how do I get rid of it completely?? To get that classic tv, 50Hz effect?

Is the smooth effect still there because the tv is a 200Hz signal tv? Is there anyway of selecting a 50Hz option on it? Sounds a bit silly, but I really don't know what else to do, for me it's really annoying watching movies with this effect. Anyone please??

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40HX753 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
alex.alexutz89
Explorer

This is really really dissapointing. I can't believe Sony wouldn't give its users the option of viewing this perticullar tv in normal/classic view also. After endless hours of research, I came to the conclussion that there is no way of turning that smooth effect completely off, and watching a movie like it should be watched, in my opinion, with no smooth effect or xreality on. 

Is this affecting other users with the same model TV's as well, I wonder? Or am I really the only one experiencing this issue? 

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Beyond truning motionflow off, I'm not sure thaat there is anything else you can do. How is the effect manifesting itself when its off as I;ve never noticed an issue ( as I'm neither a fan of the 'smooth setting')?

Thanks

alex.alexutz89
Explorer

When its off, the quality of the picture decreases, but the smooth effect is still on, you would see the picture as a soap opera, not as much as when the effect is on, but it is still definitely there, annoying me. 

If this effect actually goes away when you turn it off on your tv, then it might be just me that I am having the issue with this tv, it might be malfunctioning ... ?

alex.alexutz89
Explorer

In other words, when the effect is off, it is still working, even though it says its off..