Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia R423A TV not turning on

SOLVED
sandrofoz
Explorer

Bravia R423A TV not turning on

Hi, I brought a Sony Bravia 32R423A less than a month ago. I am happy with the image and sound of this tv but I am having a trouble with this tv. Few days after I bought it the TV wouldnt turn on from StandBy mode. The red light in front of the TV was on as normal in Standby. But the TV didnt start when I pressed the control nor when I pressed the on/off bottom on the back of the TV. I had to pull the electric cord out of the socket and put it back again to make the TV work. I thought was a on off thing and didnt bother. But now it has happened 4 times and is becoming more frequent. Can anyone advise me of a solution for this problem?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering that the TV is less than a month old, my advice is to contact the retailer your purchased it from, to exchange it for another one. Its sounding like a hardware fault.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering that the TV is less than a month old, my advice is to contact the retailer your purchased it from, to exchange it for another one. Its sounding like a hardware fault.

Cheers

sandrofoz
Explorer

Hi, it happen again this week. This time the TV got frosen in the channel I was watching. It didnt respond to the control or the bottoms on the back. Had to turn it off the wall socket and after I plugged back it started to work again. Went to Richer Sounds and they said the will be happy to change the TV for another one of the same model, but none in stock right now. Hopefully they will get one from another store.

I am a bit disapointed with SONY though. I wouldnt expect to have to change a Sony TV twice because of a faulty product.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unusual to get 2 tv's with issues such as yours to be honest.  What channel was you watching when it was "frozen"?  Was it one of the radio stations or IPTV channels, as sometimes they can operate "funny"

One thing to do is ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV.

Cheers

sandrofoz
Explorer

Hi, I was also surprised for the fact that I had 2 faulty tvs. I got a new one last week. Richer Sounds has been fantastic in this jorney and has been very helpful. This new TV is the same 32r423a and it is working really well now. Thank you for your help and advice!