Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV keeps turning on at random

profile.country.GB.title
jentone1
Explorer

Bravia TV keeps turning on at random

I have been using my TV in our main room for 2 years with no issues. Last weekend I transferred my recorder and catch up digi- box to the main room as my wife finds the menu easier. The TV in the back room has a dedicated on/off switch whereas the new one in the front room is turned off by remote control into standby mode. The recording box also does not have a dedicated turn off button and it too sleeps when switched off on the remote . SInce changing the boxes the TV auto switches on at random and the only way I have been able to stop it is to unplug the recording box. The feed into the TV is an HDMI feed and I was wondering if this is sending a pulse to the TV sensing the box is there and on standby and this is what is turning on the TV.

Does anyone know if there is a fix or will I need to turn off the box every night which will prevent me from recording  

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
jentone1
Explorer

Yes tried this. I can fix it by disconnection the HDMI lead so its related to the box whilst in standby sending some signal to the TV which switches it on