Join now - be part of our community!

Continued loss of internet KDL-50W815B

KennyDunn
New

Continued loss of internet KDL-50W815B

Until recently my internet access has been perfect, in the last week every morning I find it is disconnected from the WiFi. To reconnect I have to reboot both the tv and the bt router. It works ok but every new day I have to do It again. What has changed?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

The most common cause of Wifi issues to the TV, is the Wifi signal strength (check the signal strength through the network settings on the TV).  If possible try moving the router closer to the TV to see if that rectifies the problem.  If it does, you may need to either connect the TV to the router via a network cable.

Let me know how you get on. 

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Mister.Prescott
Explorer

Hi. I updated my Sony KD-49X8005C from Marshmallow to Nougat about a week ago, and prior to that had suffered no problems with connections to network (my router is in the same room). The day after updating, the TV had dropped wifi, literally almost as if the wifi option had simply been turned off. A network search in the settings failed to pick up any of the wifi accounts in my vicinity (normally I can pick up a dozen or so). I have no Lan cabling plugged in at present.

I rebooted and this action restored the wifi functionality, but yesterday the problem re-occurred.