Join now - be part of our community!

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

SOLVED
squiggledyboing
Explorer

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Hi,can anyone help me please?just bought a new tv Sony KDL-50W655 and a Sony BDVE4100 home cinema system,i cannot for the life of me get the tv to play through the home cinema system,ive done the test tone and its fine,ive played music and films from a usb drive both fine but the tv will not play through the system.ive got the audio systen selected and still i sit here in silence,so once again can someone please help or advise on this.....thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try turning everything OFF from the powerpoint on the wall.  Leave for 2 mins and switch it back on again. 

Did you check the Control for HDMI settings on the E4100 and the ARC settings?

Failing that, do you have another HDMI cable that you can test with?

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ensure that you have done the following:

• You have connected the E4100 to the HDMI 1 (ARC) port using a HDMI cable that supports ARC (ie HDMI 1.4)?
  • Bravia Sync (or Control for HDMI) is enabled for both devices
  • You are outputting audio from the TV using "Audio System" and not TV Speakers
  • You have pressed the function button on the E4100 remote repleatedly until you see "TV" displayed

Cheers

squiggledyboing
Explorer

a yes to all of those suggestions apart from bravia sync on television,im not 100% sure i have done this correctly,how would i do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For the E4100 - See page 50 of the manual : HERE - also on the same page see the section about "Audio Return Channel" and ensure its set to AUTO (which it should be)

For the TV - See instructions : HERE with vatious options, as well as HERE to see if it the TV detects the HDMI signal

Cheers

squiggledyboing
Explorer

ive gone to the bravia sync device list...selected Enable and it says " no hdmi or mhl devices found.pleasr check the connections

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try turning everything OFF from the powerpoint on the wall.  Leave for 2 mins and switch it back on again. 

Did you check the Control for HDMI settings on the E4100 and the ARC settings?

Failing that, do you have another HDMI cable that you can test with?

Cheers

squiggledyboing
Explorer

well that worked!.....turned it off for a few minutes and everything is now working :slight_smile: im so happy A Big Thankyou very much for all your help and patience,much appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable

EXCELLENT !!

I was nearly out of idea's too :slight_smile:

squiggledyboing
Explorer

just one more thing...do i have to change any settings to play my PS3 and PS4 with surround sound?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shouldnt do to be honest.  However, what you can do, is check the audio output settings on the PS3 and ensure that ticks are placed against many of the 5.1 options (and DTS etc)

For PS3, see:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/audiooutput.html

PS4 - no need to change a thing (I think)