Join now - be part of our community!

Can I connect KDL-32W5500 to RDP-XA900iP speaker dock

cltt97
New

Can I connect KDL-32W5500 to RDP-XA900iP speaker dock

I have tried this, but I cannot get it to work, I have bought a digital audio cable, but nothing happens, maybe I need to connect something else, I also have a cable black pin on one end and red/white on the other, but the TV has no red/white but all sorts of other L/R inputs (black and red).... any help would be greatly appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am assuming that you are referring to a Digital Optical cable (such as THIS) - If so, this will work when connecting it to the TV.

1. Connect the Digital Optical Cable on the TV's Optical OUT to the Speakers Optical IN
  2. On the TV, Set Speakers to "Audio System" - See Page 38 of the manual : HERE
  3. On the Speakers, Press the "Audio IN" button on the remote and cycle through until you find the correct source, as in digital opt - See Page 20 of the manual : HERE

This should then work.

Cheers

cltt97
New

Ah, I have done all of this apart from repeatedly pressing the audio in button... I will try this now!

cltt97
New

well I've tried that now, and still no joy... 

cltt97
New

Sorry, got it working after all, the connection came lose after hanging the TV back on the wall.... I also still had some other ones plugged in, so removing them and fixing the optical cable did the trick! Many thanks for the help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a problem, glad its now working :slight_smile:

Have Fun !