Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX720

pepa321
New

KDL-40EX720

Hello, 2 years ago (3.2.2012) I bought Sony KDL-40EX720 and on this friday evening (14.2.) it broke down. TV turned off and red led started blinking. It is doing 2x blink, pause, 2x blink, pause.... Can someone tell me, what the issue is? Because I am pretty *****, that 700€ TV breaks down 11 days after warranty expiration date. And of course, in our country the customer hotline is not working on weekend, so does not authorised service in our town. This is really disappointing experience with both TV and customer service. And of course, i wonder how much will be repair cost. If it will be too high, I am switching to different brand.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Unfortunately your TV has developed a hardware fault. 

2 x blinks for the EX720 indicates a mainpower over-voltage protection. 

You will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to get this fixed.

Cheers

PS: I would be a little annoyed too, 11 days out of warranty.

pepa321
New

Thank you, for your answer. I am going to visit service centre tomorrow. Is there any chance, that they will repair it as it would be still in warranty? Because this is really really disappointing. I am also considering some official way, to tell the Sony how disappointing this situation is. It would be very nice from Sony, if they cover the repairment cost, since it was working perfectly for 2 years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will repair it, but it wont be under a warranty repair (ie it will cost you). 

Its hard to advise you on this, as I dont really know on responsibilities just outside of warranty.  Best bet is to contact Sony Support directly first I guess and find out if they can assist - or at least both parties (you and Sony) can come to some sort of agreement?

Good luck anyhow.