Join now - be part of our community!

Can our Bravia TV actually surf the net?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
beano16
Visitor

Can our Bravia TV actually surf the net?

Hi All

Excuse our ignorance - but can our Sony Bravia KDL37EX503U be used to actually surf the net? Or is it somehow restricted to certain film and/or news sites?

I've just viewed a Sony video that was supposed to explain all of this and it seemed ok on the teccie aspects like different ways to connect to the net but it kind of skipped over what you can and cant access?

Also does the remote take the place of the keyboard and mouse?

:thinking:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From the best of my knowledge, the EX503 range of TV's do NOT include a web-browser. Therefore you will not be able to "surf" the internet. You can use the applications that are pre-built into it, like YouTube, iPlayer etc etc.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From the best of my knowledge, the EX503 range of TV's do NOT include a web-browser. Therefore you will not be able to "surf" the internet. You can use the applications that are pre-built into it, like YouTube, iPlayer etc etc.

Hope that helps.

beano16
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus. Pity Sony doesn't have some kind of add-on for TV that aren't equipped with web browsers!

etritd
New

I don't like that my reply might sound like advertising, but Sony has whole range of products equipped with web browser like Blu-ray Disc player, Google TV products. You can connect those to your TV and enjoy the browsing online using your remote to explore the web on your TV.

beano16
Visitor

Hi etritd

No, it's not advertising at all ... you're actually telling me something very useful that I was unaware of..... so THANKYOU :slight_smile:

gofrost

The NSZ-GS7 can be connected to this tv which has chrome preinstalled and is a smooth operating browser , some of the browsers on other devices can be quite clunky and slow.Also supports flash so web page based video content can be viewed