Join now - be part of our community!

Can someone explain why my Sony SMP 200 only shows limited titles on screen compared to my laptop and whose fault is this?. Lovefilm or Sony and how do I rectify the problem?.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jameyne98
Visitor

Can someone explain why my Sony SMP 200 only shows limited titles on screen compared to my laptop and whose fault is this?. Lovefilm or Sony and how do I rectify the problem?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Not really a fault per se, more of a limitation of rights. Rights are granted based on a platform by platform basis (mobile, PC, TV basically), so the content available on one *may* not always be the same as on another. Netlfix I think it is the same, but I know there certainly was a difference originally between number of titles available on Lovefilm PC and Lovefilm TV, I think that gap has shrunk considerably, but there may well be some gaps. Ultimately as Lovefilm buy the rights and use Sony as a gateway, its down to them.

Hope this makes sense..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Not really a fault per se, more of a limitation of rights. Rights are granted based on a platform by platform basis (mobile, PC, TV basically), so the content available on one *may* not always be the same as on another. Netlfix I think it is the same, but I know there certainly was a difference originally between number of titles available on Lovefilm PC and Lovefilm TV, I think that gap has shrunk considerably, but there may well be some gaps. Ultimately as Lovefilm buy the rights and use Sony as a gateway, its down to them.

Hope this makes sense..