Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get my KDL 40W5810 to stream video

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
madbassist
Visitor

Can't get my KDL 40W5810 to stream video

I've connected a LAN cable from the TV to broadband router and have been successful in getting the TV to view pictures and music from my phone but when it comes to video - it doesn't happen. I get the following message:

"Player is not available. Check the network status and connected devices"

This can't be right as I'm available to view pictures and play music.

Also I have tried to update the firmware (installed version 1.585SA). Have downloaded the latest firmware from Sony onto a FAT32 USB stick but it says no update found.

Any help out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Batfinkk

Ah in which case it may be native codec compatibility. Have you tried Sony's Homestream Software?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Batfinkk

Not sure this model support video DLNA, as I think this was the first year DLNA was introduced and they only support pictures & music. The manual should clarify though

Easiest solution is to get any current Blu-ray player and stream it through that as the TV itself is still perfectly good.

madbassist
Visitor

Hi Batfinkk,

Thanks for replying. The manual says it supports video DLNA.

I'm hoping that if I am able to update the firmware to the latest version or at least one more recent that it currently has then it might work. Got to find that new firmware first...

Batfinkk

Ah in which case it may be native codec compatibility. Have you tried Sony's Homestream Software?

madbassist
Visitor

It worked! Thanks Batfinkk.