Join now - be part of our community!

can't play (mkv) files larger than 4GB on bravia 2011 tv

profile.country.no_NO.title
harddisk33
Visitor

can't play (mkv) files larger than 4GB on bravia 2011 tv

after running mkv files thru mkv2vob v2.4.9 on following settings i GET playback on files smaller than 4GB.

files larger than 4 gb i have to split up by using the fat32 file splitting setting in the mkv2vob to play

proffered audio: eng (irrelevant)

file splitting: none (or i get the cant play message)

video transcoding: never

output file extension: m2ts

output type: AVCHD - usb

proffered sub: none (irrelevant)

transcoding codec: x264 (irrelevant)

following boxes are checked: alw trans DTS, use 448kbps and auto upd

the usbstick i use is 16gb large and is formatted in exFAT with cluster size 128kb.

i know that fat32 file system has a limit on files at 4gb but like i said i use exFAT so that's not the problem.

so i thing that Sony has made a restriction on playing files larger than 4GB, the question is why would they implement exFAT if they are restricting playback on larger files?

tvmodel: 55EX725

if sony bravia team reads this pleas answer :slight_smile:

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.sk_SK.title
make.believe3
Visitor

I am having the same problem. I am disappointed quality, funcionality. If sony bravia team reads this pleas answer.

Message was edited by: make.believe3

Message was edited by: make.believe3

profile.country.en_GB.title
tripodzid
Visitor

I also have the same problem. MKV files are for HD movies. I didn't thought that Bravia won't be able to play all movies that exceed 4GB. Is there any other way to play a very HD movies in Bravia?

Business is the game!!

profile.country.sk_SK.title
make.believe3
Visitor

The (Samsung) tv does not have this problem. Play the MKV file has :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
pamindic
Visitor

Absolutely correct. Bravia - no support for subtiltes, no support for MKV, no support for high-res jpegs. You have to ask yourself what this telly is for - it's woefully deficient as the centre of a media system.

Sony TVs cost a lot of money, and I think Sony customers deserve better functionality than this company is willing to provide. Sony seems to be trading on its name, but that won't last for ever. My girlfriend needs a new TV, and I'm advising Samsung or LG, where they take customer needs seriously. I recommend to others that they do the same.