Join now - be part of our community!

Cant seem to get BBC iPlayer on a KDL40hx805

profile.country.en_GB.title
Andy-N.I
Visitor

Cant seem to get BBC iPlayer on a KDL40hx805

Hi Guys excuse me for being new to the forum. I recently won a KDL40HX805 through playstation network with other consoles. I have set the tv and i have to say amazing, was always a Panasonic / Toshiba man but wow this is unreal.

Anyway back on track. I have the TV hard wired into BT Infinity through the ethernet port im getting connection to the network but everytime i click on BBC iPlayer it just goes back to normal tv and nothing comes up the logo isnt faint its brightly lit to mean its available, but just nothing comes up.

Am I doing something wrong or have I done something wrong in the setup, Tv sort of set itself up. And also is there any manuals online for this model it seems to be a europeon model and all the manuals that came with the tv are in different languages.

Thanks

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Yes this isn't a UK model which is why - the UK equivalent would be 40HX803 (the '3' denoting it has Freeview HD) which your TV won't have either, which you might not necessarily have been aware of. As obviously iPlayer is a UK only feature, other models aren't compatible with it.

Did you win it specifically from Sony Computer Entertainment via Playstation Network?

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Ah ok, you have sky, but just so you are aware Freeview HD uses DVB-T2, normal Freeviw uses DVB-T. iPlayer is the only service that would be affected and in any event I gues you have it on PS3 anyway right?

Andy-N.I
Visitor

Yes It came from SCEE not really worried regarding the freeveiw Hd as i use sky Hd and since the new arrival 3D.

My sign in name for playstation network is dougaleye and if you check the playstation network competition winner for february you will see me. I was all chuffed. The Tv was posted from the netherlands.

Correction I checked a German web page well googled my model and translated the page. It does have the triple Hd tuner dvb-t, dvb-c, dvb-s. i aslo checked and the digital freeveiw is working with over 100 channels.

Message was edited by: Andy-N.I

Andy-N.I
Visitor

Indeed I have. However the tv has a triple hd tuner. dvb-t dvb-c dvb-s2 what ever they are.:smileyconfused:

sorry for the double post the site said it was down for maint and to try again later. didnt realise it posted the reply (edit)

Message was edited by: Andy-N.I

Andy-N.I
Visitor

Ok Had a blip about on google wiki about dvb-c and dvb-s2. what on earth are they used for and what are the about????? as i have connections for them??? what will i get out of it, probably nothing really.