Join now - be part of our community!

Media streaming through DLNA

profile.country.en_GB.title
Ashbo83
Visitor

Media streaming through DLNA

I am trying to stream media to my tv (kdl-32ex403u) through DLNA from my dell tablet/laptop using the play to feature on windows 7 media player. i have managed to do this before but for some reason the laptop isnt able to discover the tv even tho it is connected to the router. i have tried everything on the laptop but it seems somehow the tv is stopping itself being discovered on the network (if that makes sense) would very much appreciate some help and this annoying problem solved.

4 REPLIES 4
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

This has happened to me in the past with other DLNA devices and Media Player.

On the Bravia, go into the Server Settings (sorry if this is not 100% correct) under network settings and delete your WMP server then update the list again so it finds your WMP again.

If it does not, the problem could be something in relation to the server. Could be a crash or firewall protocols have been changed. I know on Vista is was a nightmare to get right but not sure what specific security settings need to be adjusted if any.

Only other option I could think of was try another DLNA server. A very good one I have found to work with a few simple adjustments with My PS3, Xbox and other devices was ps3mediaserver (http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/) free so could give it a go.

If that fails also, then it could be firewall related.

Hope that gives you some pointers.

Ashbo83
Visitor

hi mate thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately my technical abilities are limited and i do not know what WMP is .. would it be possible to speak to u on a messenger service and have some guidance step by step? after reading your reply i restored my tv to its original factory settings and the same problem persists. Many thanks for ur help.

Ashbo83
Visitor

another thing i think i should mention is that i had the media streaming working without any problems and i cannot remember changing any settings on either tv or laptop. i did install mccafee but windows media player is listed under the allowed programmes. when i click on the play to feature on windows media thats when it says no media devices found. hope this makes sense to u and hope someone can help resolve this. Many thanks.

Catmambo
Contributor

WMP = Windows Media Player.

As the previous poster suggested, do not use Windows Media Player - simply download PS3 Media Server or Serviio and set those up instead.

Thanks