Join now - be part of our community!

Connect UWA-BR100 USB to BRAVIA TV or BDP-S380 Blu-Ray?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kev1972
Visitor

Connect UWA-BR100 USB to BRAVIA TV or BDP-S380 Blu-Ray?

Hi please can someone offer me some advise as this is all pretty new to me. I own a BRAVIA TV EX4 / 37 & a BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, I have just sent off for a UWA-BR100 USB so I can take advantage of the Internet TV, view pictures from my computer & see what else the Internet connection has to offer but I am unsure which device is best to plug the USB into. According to the operating instructions for the Blu-Ray a Network Update is recommended every 2 Months so is the USB better in their? Or by putting it in the DVD would I be missing some of the opportunities afforded by having the USB in the TV ( maybe the BRAVIA needs Network Upgrades too, I don't know I cant find my TV instructions ) Would I be better with 2 USB devices I certainly hope not at 70 Pounds a pop. Or because the TV & DVD are connected does it not really matter what device the USB goes in as one will feed through to the other? Maybe I am missing the point altogether but any suggestions, information would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the UWA-BR100 dongle can be used in either device but you will probably do best with it plugged into the blu ray player, that way you can watch the entire internet content via the tv, should you want internet on both then providing your tv supports this you can connect that via ethernet cable to your router.

please note thread edited by myself apon discovering error in original post.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi :smileyhappy:,

Buy Three dongle :anguished: will solve the problem :wink:

Aside of kidding , i see your main concern is using the dongle for updating the firmware , there are two points (in my view):

1- The firmware update have no fixed time (2 months or so). Usually when a new product released there are frequent update (sometimes 2 times per month) then the rhythem slow down until diminished

2- No need to update the firmware unless you noticed a specific problem , if everything is running fine keep the current firmware (it does not harm) until the next time you swap the dongle between the two devices.

The best place to connect the dongle is to TV , because i usually keep the Blu-ray off to save it :slight_smile:

Bravia55HX

Hi,

once again i say the player is best, depending on how old the tv is, the player may have more features.

whats with all the smileys? , you on the waccy baccy again!, lol