Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Sony Bravia to sky+ box

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Neilcflynn
Visitor

Connecting Sony Bravia to sky+ box

Just bought a new Sony Bravia and hooked it up to my standard sky+ box using the scart cable into the av1 socket on the tv. Automatic input detector knows a satellite box is connected (according to the abbreviation and icon) but no picture is visible when av1 input is selected.. Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Neilcflynn,

welcome to the Sony User Community forum..:smileyhappy:

Scart Leads not pushed in firmly can cause problems like these, have you checked that the scart leads are plugged in firmly & correctly. Sometimes removing & refitting can be all that's needed..:smileyconfused:

Long time since I used Sky but did you remove the scart from the Sky box, if so make sure the scart lead is connected into the Scart socket marked TV output..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My idea may or may not be helpful, but....

In my opinion - why not just phone Sky up and request a new SkyHD box that has HDMI output?

SCART is all but dead.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Neilcflynn,

welcome to the Sony User Community forum..:smileyhappy:

Scart Leads not pushed in firmly can cause problems like these, have you checked that the scart leads are plugged in firmly & correctly. Sometimes removing & refitting can be all that's needed..:smileyconfused:

Long time since I used Sky but did you remove the scart from the Sky box, if so make sure the scart lead is connected into the Scart socket marked TV output..