Join now - be part of our community!

'Content error' when trying to watch purchased film on Video Unlimited

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
leilou1
New

'Content error' when trying to watch purchased film on Video Unlimited

Hi,

Have had my trusty KDL-37EX403 Bravia TV for some time now, while I use iPlayer and Lovefilm through it every week I have never tried the Video Unlimited service before. Until tonight. I registered a new Sony Entertainment Network account, activated my HDTV on that account, filled in all my billing details and logged into Video Unlimited on the TV. So far so good, chose a film (Total Recall) and it ran a little test to see what quality I could watch, it said HD or SD so I stumped up £4.99 for the HD rental. (I get a solid 14-16mbps)

The interface jumped to a similar one that Lovefilm uses, appeared to be spooling up then nothing. Just a 'Content Error' message on screen. Retry or cancel. Retry doesn't work. I've checked the firmware (it's the latest) and refreshed my Internet content several times. Lovefilm, iPlayer etc are all working fine but I cannot get the film to play! Anyone any ideas as to why? I've had the automated email saying I've paid for it, but I can't watch it!!? Help please.

Arron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Sorry to hear that

As I said above I made a wired connection and it worked no problem. Superb film incidentally. Sorry it's still not working for you

I like the Sony entertainment Ive watched a few HD movies and this is the first that didn't work wirelessly

When I got the TV I didn't even know it had this facility I just lived the picture lol

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

How bizarre. OR MAYBE NOT

I just paid for and tried to watch same movie. CONTENT ERROR  came up. So it could well be the movie is not loading

Let me know how u  Get on plz

Thx

leilou1
New

Hi, did you rent Total Recall in HD? Also, what format did you rent the next movie in? I was tempted to try another, but didn't want to throw more money at it until I was sure as that was my first rental through Video Unlimted.

I have emailed Sony Entertainment Network through the contact us info but not even an automated reply yet (bit poor really). I may try another (cheaper!) rental if I get the chance and see if it works. Then I too will be after a refund for Total Recall!

There is a phone number (that's not free) but I don't really want to have to spend even more money trying to sort this out!

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Hi

I tried another movie. It worked fine. Now to get a refund for total recall! 

Now do I do that anyone?

Message was edited by: Cablesman

Tried again using a wired connection. It worked fine!  Go figure....

leilou1
New

Tried another rental (HD) and got the same content error AGAIN. Clicked on retry and it actually played! Total Recall still won't play though!!? My connection is wired, so it's not that. *sigh* Time to try and get a refund for Total Recall I guess...

profile.country.GB.title
Cablesman
Explorer

Sorry to hear that

As I said above I made a wired connection and it worked no problem. Superb film incidentally. Sorry it's still not working for you

I like the Sony entertainment Ive watched a few HD movies and this is the first that didn't work wirelessly

When I got the TV I didn't even know it had this facility I just lived the picture lol

leilou1
New

Success! I ran a new cable direct from my broadband router to the TV, instead of via my 4 point switch that sits under the tv and it played! Pretty good film as well! Thanks for the help, much appreciated.