Join now - be part of our community!

Crackling noises

profile.country.en_GB.title
kfordham
Visitor

Crackling noises

Hi all,

We bought a HX923 55" from a curys and pc world mega store and from day 1 there is a lot of crackling noises that are quite loud and distracting.

I have read a few forums and cant find any other post that has mentioned about this problem.

Could anyone who has experianced this leave a comment or an idea of what this could be please.

I origanaly thought it would just be the TV setteling and the Heat but the TV does not generate that much heat and its been switched on and working since December 2011.

If someone could help that would be great. Thank you.

K

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Personal details removed

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have had mine for a while now and this is new to me, on such a high end set this is not right and will need to be addressed, your first port of call is the supplying retailer, however be firm as this group of retailers are not really that hot on the exchange front.

back to the problem in question, the only thing other than earlier un uniformity issues was the energy saving switch which is mounted on the rear lower quadrant of the set, this has been known to "buzz" a little so i would check that area first.

in any event it will need attention and since its still under guarantee that will be the way forward, personally i would not leave it in the hands of Mastercare, i am surprised however that since this has done this from day one you never took it straight back for an immediate replacement.