Join now - be part of our community!

DLNA Pause and Resume Playback

profile.country.GB.title
insomniac53
New

DLNA Pause and Resume Playback

Suppose you have to stop watching a video being streamed on the standard Bravia DLNA network part way through and switch off, not just pause - is there a way to come back to it at a later date and resume the playback? You can do this on Apple TV and it's very useful, but on the Bravia DLNA it restarts at the beginning with no option to resume. Please - no recommendations for other DLNA software, not Homestream, not TVMobili, not Plex, just the built-in Bravia DLNA. The system is linked to Windows Media Player 12 on the base computer. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Is this possible using the DLNA standard?  - Bear in mind apple uses its own proprietary version, so it may be a standards limitation rather than a specific Sony issue. I agree though it would be good..

profile.country.GB.title
insomniac53
New

Thanks for replying. I was beginning to think that I was the only one in this forum. Haven't been overwhelmed with answers - probably because, as you say, this feature isn't part of the DLNA standard. I wondered whether there's some kind of bookmarking option alternative using the Bravia remote control, a way of setting a restart point, but there doesn't seem to be. Yes, something similar to the Apple design would be great - if only Sony would read this and include such a feature in their next software update - just for us...