Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40HX753 Freeview HD channels missing

profile.country.en_GB.title
HDnewbie
Visitor

KDL 40HX753 Freeview HD channels missing

Hello, as my username suggests I'm new to HD freeview having purchased a Sony KDL 40HX753 recently.  However following a number of digital TV auto tunes using aerial input, I don't seem to receive any HD channels on the Sony TV.  Using the same aerial input to my Humax HDR-Fox T2 I do receive all HD channels (e.g. BBC 1 50, ITV1 51, Ch 4 52).  I can't understand why the Sony TV can't pick up freeview HD as the Humax box does without problem. I've made sure the firmware on the TV is the latest version (PKG1.402) but still no joy. Any advice gratefully received!

3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
New

Hi, so, just to check.... what happens when you go to channel 50 on the TV?

paulb78
Visitor

Hi there, I have also lost the HD freeview channels since retuning my TV (KDL 22EX553) after the request to update appeared on the TV. They worked fine until the retune but despite numerous attempts I have been unable to get them. Channel 51 and the other HD channels areblank and also do not appear on the guide. My firmware version is the latest. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a fix to the problem??

jordanuk55
New

Hi - This happened to me after a re-tune. I've found that if I do a retune with 'Auto Tuning Range' on the Digital Set Up menu set to Full, the Freeview Hd Channels disappear, if I do a retune with 'Auto tuning range' set to Normal, they come back! I don't know if this is your problem, but it might be worth you checking that the auto tuning range is set to Normal. Hope this fixes for you.