Join now - be part of our community!

Lost all TV channels - Signal quality zero

profile.country.en_GB.title
deeptheone
Visitor

Lost all TV channels - Signal quality zero

I have a xxEX723 and since yesterday I have lost all the channels. I have multiple times auto retuning and manual retuning. Also tried factory reset a couple of time with no success.

It looks like the transmitter (MIDHURST) that feeds signal to my area went on an upgrade on Wednesday. Strangely enough we did not see any signal loss on our TV on Wednesday while my neighbours lost it and after retuning got back all the channels.

In our case we lost the channels on Friday morning and have not got back ever since.

I connected a indoor antenna and tried Digital Manual Tuning and I see for Channel 50/54 the Signal Strength fluctuating between 40s and 90s while the Signal Quality remains zeron

When I tried the communal antenna socket, the signal strength is just under 10s.

Any thoughts how I can get over this, please?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi deeptheone,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

At a guess I would say that the aerial connected to communal antenna socket may be faulty or the aerial supplying the feed may not strong enough or suitable for the upgraded signal..

If the signal quality from your indoor antenna stayed at zero it could indicate that the aerial was not pointing the correct direction or maybe it's not man enough for the job, sometimes a powered indoor aerial can help..

Here is a link to the Digital UK troubleshooting tips on the off chance that they may help - Troubleshooting guide

Bravia55HX

Hi,

also while your going about it can you get in touch with your landlord and present the problem to him as he/she should have had the communial aerial upgraded to cope with the new digital signal by now.

furthermore think very carefully if you decide to go the indoor aerial route as many are not up to the job and depending on your surroundings whether you get any signal at all from them.

deeptheone
Visitor

Thank you Thalamus, Bravia55HX923... I did speak with the neighbour and it seem to be working fine with them. Is there is way to find out if the co-axial cable is at fault or the communal socket? The agent who manages the communal antenna does not work on the weekend to seek their help.

Thank you,

Pradeep