Join now - be part of our community!

Do I have to refresh the internet content all the time (KDL40NX713)?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pstamber
Visitor

Do I have to refresh the internet content all the time (KDL40NX713)?

Hi there,

I have the KDL-40NX713 TV and I am finding that I have to refresh the Internet content each time I switch the TV on (from standby) rather than it "being there" all the time. Is this 'normal'?

I am trying to ascertain if there is an issue with my Internet connection or if this is what I should expect of the Internet content.

I find that films I watch through LoveFilm stop 2-3 times during the viewing, and I am wondering if that's also down to the Internet dropping or if the two issues are unrelated.

Please let me know if you have the same TV and the Internet content remains there once it's set-up.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
interslice110
New

I have the same model as you and I think you have to refresh the internet content alfter an update have happend. but it shouldn't happen all the time, you could try wrighting the software version down and seeing if it's diffrent the next time you have to refresh. ( the software version in on Settings, Product Support then System Information.)

And the stopping i think it the tv clearing it's memery to make room for more streamming video so on long and HD streaming it may do that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
flintst0ne
New

Hi,

I have the KDL-40NX703 and I more often than not have  to refresh the Internet content as well, which initially fails.  I then  have to reset my wireless interface, so that it learns a new IP address  and then I can refresh the Internet content.  My TV is turned off every  night, so should learn a new IP address when turned on?

CheerZ

profile.country.GB.title
interslice110
New

I have the same model as you and I think you have to refresh the internet content alfter an update have happend. but it shouldn't happen all the time, you could try wrighting the software version down and seeing if it's diffrent the next time you have to refresh. ( the software version in on Settings, Product Support then System Information.)

And the stopping i think it the tv clearing it's memery to make room for more streamming video so on long and HD streaming it may do that.