Join now - be part of our community!

Don't have iPlayer on my KDL-40HX705

profile.country.en_GB.title
dd4005
Visitor

Don't have iPlayer on my KDL-40HX705

Hi,

My KDL-40HX705 is hooked up to the net and I have various TV apps there, all of which are working (e.g. I can watch youtube videos) so you know the internet is fine.

As more background info, I can run iPlayer just fine on other devices on my network.

BUT, on my Sony TV, I don't have it there in the Video menu. Do I need to do anything special to get it?

I've set my avatar to the serial # label if that shows any more information than I've given (I photoshopped the serial number out though).

The TV was manufactured in 03/2010 and bought some months later.

Here's the software version I currently have: PKG4.114EUKL-0108

Message was edited by: dd4005

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Just seen you've posted a question in Netflix in another thread. I'm not sure your Tv is getting the correct service listing. Assuming you are in the UK though right? Which retailer was this TV bought through out of interest as I wasn't aware the 705 was ever ranged here. UK ranged the HX703 which had a Freeview HD tuner instead.

I'd unplug your TV and modem and leave them disconnected for a few minutes, then reconnect and it it should then force the TV to get the correct list of service applications for your area.

Hope this helps

dd4005
Visitor

I bought the TV while I was working in Germany in 2010. I was going to sell it before I came back but I figured as I was going to use it with either Sky or Virgin anyway, any PAL differences wouldn't matter.

I wonder if it's hard-coded to talk to a German server to request the services list. I'm gonna setup a Fiddler proxy so I can see where it's going to.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No system isn't locked in that way, simply works on geo-filtering at an ISP level then matching your location to our country by country service list & connecting you to the appropriate service. Thus power cycling or getting your ISp to reset your connection should resolve this.

Thanks