Join now - be part of our community!

Dongle to connect a Sony 3D TV Model Number KDL40HX803U

SOLVED
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

Dongle to connect a Sony 3D TV Model Number KDL40HX803U

Can anybody out there help me! A few years ago I purchased a Sony 3D TV Model as subject title. I am now looking to purchase a USB Dongle to insert into the telly that will connect my TV to my WI - FI connection!! Does it have to be a Sony Dongle or can it be a more cost effective universal dongle. If anybody is out there that could give me some sensible and decent advice & any recommendations that would be great!!

Kind Regards

JAMES SIDNEY.
22 REPLIES 22
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

We've got the thing set up and it is working well. Again thanks for your help. You Tube is great and it has I player and 5 od. It is not a full internet TV, but is there anyway of getting things like ITV on demand or 4 OD on to the telly as well. If not no worries. Thanks for your help again.

Kind Regards,

JAMES SIDNEY.
JSIDNEY1974
Explorer

I've just got your reply, sorry about the delay in getting back to you! Now the DVDR - is totally not working! Before we could switch on the recorder and access previously recorded material. But we could not access the program guide to record anything. Now I cannot access anything! It won't update and it won't let us access any of its settings!!

I have spoken to a TV repair Guy, who has stated that by unplugging the recorder and swapping over the TV's the recorder has lost it's software program. He has quoted £75's to reinstall the software and everything should work. Does this sound about right! However I am quite a bit miffed by this! I am going to contact Sony to say that if you can't unplug your DVD Recorder without it costing you £75's each time. Then that isn't good enough!!

Is there any help & advice you can give us that would be greatly appreciated!!

My email address is -

<Email address removed - personal details are not allowed in the forums>

Thanks for your help & time!

Kind Regards.

JAMES SIDNEY!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, at the moment ITV Player and 4OD is not available on any Sony TV / Device.  However I am sure at some point they will become available.  But considering the age of the TV, I very much doubt the TV will support it anyhow.

There is a length thread : HERE if you would like some reading :slight_smile:

In regards to the RDR problem, I think what the repair guy is referring to is:

• Do not power off the recorder or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the recorder to be unresponsive or to require repair.

But that would only occur in the middle of a firmware update.  If you wasnt, it sounds like a slightly different problem to me.  Unplugging the power cable in NORMAL use would not "loose" the software.  However if the RDR does not even power on, I dont think there is much we can advise, except for a repair.

Cheers