Join now - be part of our community!

Dual Tuner Function KDL 55W829B

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Dual Tuner Function KDL 55W829B

Hi,

After seeing something relating to dual tuner recording for my TV I sent Sony an email to query it. 

This is the reply I received :

With regards to your query regarding the function and performance of your KDL-55W829B freeview tuner, we would like to confirm that after installing the firmware update this will enhance the overall performance of your TV along with enabling it to automatically work as a twin tuner. In other word, you will be able to watch a freeview channel while you can record another channel meanwhile. Kindly note that when service is enabled for this, such as freeview channels not as for per pay view channels , your TV will automatically enable the internal sub-tuner to record your programmes through a different channel.

For full information on how to manage timed recording using the twin tuner feature on your TV , please use the instructions in the following link :
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE559112/EN/c_usbrec_europe_timer.html

Well, I checked the TV was up to date and then tried a timer recording as outlined in the guide but as soon as the recording started the channel switched to the one being recorded and I couldn't then change channels. In other words it was still acting as a single tuner.

Does anyone know anything about this upgrade ? 

Maybe I have not got the correct firmwear upgrade and if so can anyone tell me how to receive it ?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Even though the firmware is the exact same, unfortunately the twin tuner functionality is only for 2014 4K Bravia models.

Sorry that you were given incorrect information originally.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, as long as the tv is in standby mode, it should still record. What I do, is test these things before something important you want - doesnt hurt to test and it puts your mind at ease.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi Quinnicus,
Once again I am in your debt for the kind attention and good advice.
Thank you so much, your help is very much appreciated.
Regards Alex.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Even though the firmware is the exact same, unfortunately the twin tuner functionality is only for 2014 4K Bravia models.

Sorry that you were given incorrect information originally.

Cheers
profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi Quinnicus,
Thanks for the correct info !
That's a real shame, I was looking forward to being able to use a dual
tuner function.
Do you know if, once having set the timer, I can then switch the TV off
with the remote and it will still record ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, as long as the tv is in standby mode, it should still record. What I do, is test these things before something important you want - doesnt hurt to test and it puts your mind at ease.

Cheers
profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi Quinnicus,
Once again I am in your debt for the kind attention and good advice.
Thank you so much, your help is very much appreciated.
Regards Alex.
MarketWizard
Explorer

Hi,

what are the Sony's plans to dual twin for other tv models than 4K?

This will means significant customer satisfaction increase if Sony will release this update!

Br. Kari

profile.country.GB.title
robert.kennyford
Explorer

Same problems with Bravia KDXF9005 TWIN tuner TV record no good