Join now - be part of our community!

Enlarge subtitles on bravia kdlex650

SOLVED
profile.country.hr_HR.title
croatista
Visitor

Enlarge subtitles on bravia kdlex650

please, someone tell me... its possible to enlarge or change font size of subtitles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

font size in subtitles cannot be altered and is not a fault of the tv as subs are sent out by the broadcaster.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The following was taken from the website

http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pages/going-digital/subtitling.htm

Can I increase the size of digital subtitles?

The old Teletext and Ceefax based analogue subtitles have been replaced on digital TV with new style subtitles. These have a different typeface, size and positioning, chosen to be clearer and not block out key parts of the picture.

The size of digital subtitles is largely the same whether you get your digital signal via an aerial, cable or satellite and whatever the model of set top box or recorder. However, for technical reasons, the new style subtitles cannot be enlarged in the same way as it could be on some analogue TVs. But this should not be a problem if you are planning to buy a new TV because the key factor that affects the size of digital subtitles is the size of your TV screen and modern flat panel screen can be bought in larger sizes. A bigger screen brings you a bigger picture and bigger subtitles.

If you are having trouble reading digital subtitles consider

• Getting some glasses specifically for TV viewing. Reading glasses and driving glasses focus at the wrong distance for TV viewing. Your optician can advise.
  • Buying a larger TV. Try viewing the subtitles on different size screens in a shop before buying. See also our recommended easiest to use iDTVs.
  • If your TV has a ‘Zoom’ setting you may be able to enlarge the picture and still see all the lines of subtitles, but you will miss the picture edges. It depends on your TV though, some don’t have zoom, others can’t display subtitles in zoom mode, or adjust it up and down. The ‘Zoom’ setting is usually in ‘picture’ settings.

Hope that answers your question.

croatista
Visitor

thanks, i understand... but i would not have increased subtitles.. i would bold subtitle, because is to tiny..

croatista
Visitor

zoom does not help.. so, the only way to solve this problem is buying larger tv, but it is not an option... there really is no other solutions for this problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

font size in subtitles cannot be altered and is not a fault of the tv as subs are sent out by the broadcaster.