Join now - be part of our community!

External active speakers turns on on 46HX855

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
perkovich
Visitor

External active speakers turns on on 46HX855

Hi folks!

Yesterday I bought a 46HX855. I want to use it together with a pair of active speakers that I have and they are connected to the Headphone output. The Sound settings have been adjusted accordingly and the sound works as intended. When I shut the TV off the loudspeakers also goes into standby mode.

However - after 5-10 minutes they get turned on again! They start to buzz with a whining sound, sort of static electricity.

If I turn the TV on again they go quiet until the sound from the choosen channel comes on, and then they work perfect again. When I turn the TV off - same thing happens again.

I've had the speakers connected to several devices and never experienced something similar. When the device is off, the speakers go into standby until the device is turned on again.

Have anyone else experinced or tested a similar setup?

If there is something wrong with the TV I would like to go back to the store asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
perkovich
Visitor

Solved! Occured because the speaker cables were unshielded. With the correct cables the problem disappeared.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
perkovich
Visitor

Solved! Occured because the speaker cables were unshielded. With the correct cables the problem disappeared.