Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46EX650, record from hdmi source

SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
lubli1
Visitor

KDL-46EX650, record from hdmi source

Hi all,

I got a brand new KDL-46EX650 tv, works fine, such great sofar! I have IP tv, connected to set top box via hdmi. Is there possibility (or new firmware) to record to usb hdd? Either from any hdmi or from rca/scart input? I got error when wanted to record a movie. The set top box can record stuff, but space is limited, would prefer to use Sony tv for recording.

Or recording works only from antenna source? This limitation is not mentioned in any documentation (or have not found it).

Thanks in advance,

Gabor

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
arvinO
Visitor

I'm using an Ex723 model, and the recording using hdd via usb to tv, is limited only from the tv tuner.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
arvinO
Visitor

I'm using an Ex723 model, and the recording using hdd via usb to tv, is limited only from the tv tuner.

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes this is security restriction I think, so not something that can be circumvented I'm afraid.

Thanks

lubli1
Visitor

Thanks for info.

For future queries, solutions, if anyone else will be interested:

- connect set top box (using eg. rca cable) to PC via a video capture device (have ads dvd xpress dx2) and do record

- or use a rf modulator to convert rca input to RF coax and feed the tv.

Both decrease quality, but work.

jd1189
Visitor

hello,

im interested in the second point you raised above using an rf modulator could you explain this a bit more as i think this is what im after?

many thanks

lubli1
Visitor

Hi,

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_modulator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_modulatorInput to this device is analog video signal via rca cabel, output is rf signal to tv antenna input. My set top box has rca, hdmi, svideo outputs, I can use them.

Have fun!