Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware downloading but not updating on Sony Bravia KD-55X8505B

SOLVED
groove007
Explorer

Firmware downloading but not updating on Sony Bravia KD-55X8505B

I have tried a factory reset and no difference, it detects the new software, downloads it on the Auto start and does not update. No error messages received. Tv switches off for some seconds and back on carrying on as if nothing has occurred. Please provide some pointers or have I got a duff production model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
groove007
Explorer

Hi

Your previous reponse with the link had a very new firmware update which I placed onto USB stick and tried that method. On first go, I actually received a failed message which had not occurred before on all me previous atempts. I thought about what could possibly be interfering with the firmware update and decided to unplug the external hard drive from the HDD recorder usb slot and placed the USB stick with the latest firmware into that slot. Everything progressed and the firmware succeeded. I hope it will not be this much trouble for future updates. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm what version FW you are currently on?

• Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
  • Navigate to Help category and press OK
  • Select Customer Support and press OK
  • Navigate to System Information and press OK

If you are not on the FW version of : PKG2.232EUA and it still fails to download, try doing in manually by downloading the FW from the link below, and using a USB drive to update.  You MUST follow the instructions to the letter or it will fail.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlw-firmware-update-v2232/KD-55X8...

Cheers

groove007
Explorer

Its PKG2.166EUA

Tried factory reset and reset, no luck

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

DId you try doing it manually via a USB drive?  If that still fails, time to call in Sony Support im afraid.

Cheers

groove007
Explorer

Hi

Your previous reponse with the link had a very new firmware update which I placed onto USB stick and tried that method. On first go, I actually received a failed message which had not occurred before on all me previous atempts. I thought about what could possibly be interfering with the firmware update and decided to unplug the external hard drive from the HDD recorder usb slot and placed the USB stick with the latest firmware into that slot. Everything progressed and the firmware succeeded. I hope it will not be this much trouble for future updates. Thanks for your help.