Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bravia dropping pixels

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony bravia dropping pixels

Since i have been away from the community for a while i could not help but post the latest, since having my 923 exchanged just two years ago for the 853 over a pixel issue i now find myself in the same predicament i did then!, the HX853 has started to do this and thus far one pixel has gone and in its place a lovely little red x :anguished: i know i'm covered with a five year warranty but i'm very dissappointed its happening all over again so if anyone has any pointers/advice to offer then now is the time.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

no replies, amazing! this place has really gone downhill since some key figures have left! :tongue:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not left, but a sabaticle (if thats how you spell it) - Still ere and back now :slight_smile:

Ahh, questions.  1 dead pixel is not enough for warrantee from my understanding.  Need something like 5 or 6 or more to be at least able to do something.  However there is no real fixed number, but also the placement of those dead pixels.  Its not in the middle of the screen is it?

Either way, not seen any topics on this specifically (except on brand new tv's)

PS: Sent you a PM too

PPS: Oh forgot, I found that pixel, it appeared on mine.  I now have an extra pixel :grin:

PPPS:

@Bravia55HX wrote:

no replies, amazing! this place has really gone downhill since some key figures have left! :tongue:

You could always come baaaaack 😛  And then I can just post cat pictures all day.