Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update details - more information needed.

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

Firmware update details - more information needed.

The details of what's changed in the firmware updates are almost non-existant.

Since you can't go back to an older version of firmware, I would like to know exactly what has changed or been fixed in an update before I commit to it.

For example, vPKG4.021EUA for KDL-40EX723 and others only states

"Improves the use of the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and the performance of internet services and internet applications."

Sorry, but that is just ridiculous. Might as well just say "improved stuff".

I'm very reluctant to update to this version.

I fear that the "Improves the use of the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)" is going to be something I will not like one little bit, and then I'm stuck with it.

If anyone has upgraded their set to vPKG4.021EUA, could they please let me know how the EPG has been affected? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have the KDL-40NX723 TV, and have updated to the latest firmware (PK4.021EUA) - I cannot tell or see any difference in the use and look of the EPG.

In regards to the other part about "performance of internet services and internet applications" - The only thing I noticed was that Lovefilm looked totally different.  It looks/feels much more modern and efficient.  However I cannot confirm if this was due to the firmware or a normal update done by lovefilm themselves, as prior to the update of firmware, i havent been to lovefilm for about a week beforehand.

Cheers