Join now - be part of our community!

vPKG4.021E​UA EPG improveme​nts ?

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

vPKG4.021E​UA EPG improveme​nts ?

Can anyone please tell me what the EPG improvements are in firmware PKG4.021EUA ?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

And why does my request for help keep getting deleted?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi Paul, 

I removed the duplicates of the original thread you created in order to keep all responses on this issue in one thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pauljonathan1 wrote:

Can anyone please tell me what the EPG improvements are in firmware PKG4.021EUA ?

Hi there

I have the KDL-40NX723 TV, and have updated to the latest firmware (PK4.021EUA) - I cannot tell or see any difference in the use and look of the EPG.

In regards to the other part about "performance of internet services and internet applications" - The only thing I noticed was that Lovefilm looked totally different.  It looks/feels much more modern and efficient.  However I cannot confirm if this was due to the firmware or a normal update done by lovefilm themselves, as prior to the update of firmware, i havent been to lovefilm for about a week beforehand.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

Thanks so much for that information.

I'll take the plunge.

With any luck they'll have removed the infuriating "This event is available in HD on service xxx. Do you want to change to HD event?" popup.

I very much doubt it though.

I did not want to "upgrade" and find that the EPG was worse than before.

I've found that it's quite common for so called "improvements" by big companies to just break the things you liked and introduce annoyances that drive you mad.

Since we're told that we can't go back to previous versions, I was reluctant to "upgrade".

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a bugbear of many to be honest, in regards to a lack of information on the firmware updates (TV and PS3).  This is an area that Sony could improve greatly, without costing much extra.

I had that same question from my mum a week ago, and at that time, there was no information available on the website (as it takes Sony appox 1-2 weeks for them to update it).

In general though, I like firmware updates and it shows that the company (ie Sony) has not completely forgotten previous generations of devices.  And again in general, new firmware improves the device (leaving out last months PS3 update saga)