Join now - be part of our community!

Wimbledon 3D HD not working

SOLVED

Wimbledon 3D HD not working

From today BBC1 HD is showing wimbledon in 3D on the red button. However if I select that option and then attempt to set the 3D TV (KDL37EX723BU) into side by side mode then I only get options for no or simulated 3D. Seems that pressing the red button causes the TV to disable the real 3D option.

Is there any work around before wimbledon completes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
miboard77
Explorer

The BBC link below will confirm most of the information in the above reply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23161147

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
miboard77
Explorer

To my knowledge it not BBC1 HD but the new BBC Red Button HD channel that will be showing the Wimbledon finals in 3D.

Depending on your service (no pun intended) go direct to channel Nos. 303 on Freeview / Youview, 994 on Virgin and 980 on Freesat.

This is not available on the Sky HD BBC Red Button service unless it suddenly pops up on Sky’s own 3D channel.

profile.country.GB.title
miboard77
Explorer

The BBC link below will confirm most of the information in the above reply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23161147

I just checked and channel 303 is showing nothing but a blank page whilst the red button HD is showing a set of trailers. I'll check again when this afternoons semi finals start. BBC one red button is showing some other tennis.

The other gripe I have is that if I select BBC one on channel 1 then I get told that this program is available in HD would I like to switch .. and it takes me to channel 101 rather than channel 50.

I have installed the recent software upgrade so any ideas why this might be the case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@patters_uk wrote:

I just checked and channel 303 is showing nothing but a blank page whilst the red button HD is showing a set of trailers. I'll check again when this afternoons semi finals start. BBC one red button is showing some other tennis.

The other gripe I have is that if I select BBC one on channel 1 then I get told that this program is available in HD would I like to switch .. and it takes me to channel 101 rather than channel 50.

I have installed the recent software upgrade so any ideas why this might be the case.

Hi there

1 - Channel 303 will only broadcast when BBC want to broadcast, at the moment it is reserved for Tennis in 3D.  I have Tennis started at 13:45 today.  I have just checked (its 14:00 now) and BBC is now broadcasting Tennis in 3D.

2 - HD channels at 50 or 101 - Sometime ago (I think at the begining of the year) the HD channels were moved from 50-54 to the 101 range.  This was part of a normal freeview channel reshuffle that happens from time to time.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
miboard77
Explorer

patters_uk wrote:

Should have followed the BBC link that I supplied which has the proposed 3D start times.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23161147

patters_uk wrote:

The other gripe I have is that if I select BBC one on channel 1 then I get told that this program is available in HD would I like to switch .. and it takes me to channel 101 rather than channel 50

I recommend that you use “Digital Programme Sorting” to swap 101-BBC1 HD, 102-BBC2 HD, 103-ITV HD and 104-C4 HD for their Standard Definition equivalents on channel numbers 001,002,003 and 004.

The Sony link below should help.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13HG900111/EN/c_digi_europe_co_dpsorting.html

That way all the HD channels with the exception of the BBC Red Button HD channel will be at the start or top of the electronic programme guide as channels Nos. 1,2,3 and 4.

This should stop the HD messages but you will need to switch to channel 101 for the BBC regional news if required.

This also moves the main HD channels away from the Adult section of Freeview HD.:smileywink: