Join now - be part of our community!

Flashing lights

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
goonernos
Visitor

Flashing lights

Standby light flashing 4 times on my KDL-40S2010 Anything i can do or is it terminal??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi goonernos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If  the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local authorised Sony  service centre and inform the them of the sequence that the Standby  light flashes. Use the following link to find your nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi goonernos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If  the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local authorised Sony  service centre and inform the them of the sequence that the Standby  light flashes. Use the following link to find your nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

profile.country.en_GB.title
Raggyman
Visitor

Wow, I am just experiencing the exact same problem as you... and same model number.

I suspect in my case it is the backlight inverter.  Is yours poorly lit on the top left hand side of the screen?

I really am starting to think that this is a major design fault with these Sets.