Join now - be part of our community!

Flashlighting issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
Jonobiwan
New

Flashlighting issue

Hey there,  I've had my KDL 46EX723 for about 2 weeks now and have noticed that it has a flashlighting issue in the bottom corners of the screen. There's also slight clouding towards the top right of the screen too. Anyone else had any experiences with this on other Sony TV's? Would be interesting to know what you did to resolve the issue. I'm presuming there's nothing I can do and that it would have to be fixed by an engineer!? I've looked on other forums and it seems that the clouding and flashlighting issue is pretty common on flat screen TV's.  Thanks in advance - J

Message was edited by: Jonobiwan

Message was edited by: Jonobiwan

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Jonobiwan,

you pretty much answered your own question, most edge lit led tv's suffer from edge flashlighting some more so than others and clouding can been seen too,

are you watching your set in total darkness with lights off?, i have a loan set at the moment and this is terrible with the lights off but ok otherwise.

if you cant live with it then send it back and choose another set and ask to view in a darkened room to be sure.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello,

Do you watch TV under room Flourescent light? this cause flashing for screen

regarding cloud at the top right corner, sorry i have no idea, but you may attach a photo here for more clarification

Does the cloud exists with all type of video input sources?

Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

you mis-understood the question mate, poster was referring to the LED backlight on the screen and probably has the backlight turned up too high,

clouding is quite common on LED tv's and is particularly noticable on a black background some more noticable than others, this again can be reduced by turning down the backlight.

Jonobiwan
New

Hi Bravia55HX923,  Thanks for the reply. I thought as much, I guess I did answer my own question! :slight_smile:  I just wondered if anyone had any tips or tricks to cure or lessen the effect. I saw that certain settings helped but I've tried then and it's not done much.  I do usually prefer watching the tv in the dark & use it for my PS3. I think I'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes. I've got a 3 year guarantee with it so if I find it too distracting, I'll hopefully get it changed.  Thanks again - John   Ps - Thanks to the other guy who replied too, it wasn't that my tv was flashing, its the backlight that was bleeding through at the corners! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

After one month just cured my top right hand corner flash lighting problem on my KD 43EX7003 once and for all.

A very slight tightening of the corner screw has done the trick.  You can check before trying this by gently squeezing the offending corner with a black screen in a dark room!  Also on some of these latest Sony models the screen leans back slightly. Putting a couple of rubber tap washers at the back of the stand enables a straight on viewing experience, the best angle for this kind of panel.