Join now - be part of our community!

Sony tv kdl32we613bu won't work properly with Panasonic DVD recorder ex83

profile.country.GB.title
LovesLaboursLost
New

Sony tv kdl32we613bu won't work properly with Panasonic DVD recorder ex83

Just bought above tv, but anything I try to record onto a minus r DVD comes out as 4:3 screen size. Have checked all screen settings for tv and recorder and both are correct. Somebody out there, please help this technical dunce!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @LovesLaboursLost - what screen format have you set on the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
LovesLaboursLost
New

Thanks for replying. Screen is set to full. Have tried different formats, including setting 4:3 default to off. Display area is set to normal. Auto format is on, but have tried it on off.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Did you also try setting the screen format to Wide to see if that makes any difference?

profile.country.GB.title
LovesLaboursLost
New

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have tried all settings, but nothing makes any difference.Even a lot of tv 

programmes, re entry made ones included default to 4:3 when watched via the DVD recorder

profile.country.GB.title
LovesLaboursLost
New

Thank you I did, but it made absolutely no difference. I do thank you for your suggestion.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Sorry to hear you've had no luck @LovesLaboursLost.  I don't have any further suggestions I'm afraid!

profile.country.GB.title
LovesLaboursLost
New

Thanks for your help. Not your fault you're not able to help any further. Am so fed up with this tv am thinking of returning it to John Lewis and going to Argos to get a new Panasonic, hopefully that will prove compatible

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

I operate a Sony X9005A with a Panny Blu-ray Recorder DMR-BWT720 and in fairness they work together no problem.

It is difficult to understand the issue as you have all the settings both on the recorder and TV set correctly.

When you play back the recording from the HDD how does it appear on the TV screen ?

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it