Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview channels disappearing

profile.country.GB.title
JuPaJu123
Explorer

Freeview channels disappearing

I have an older model bravia TV. I was retuning my freeview channels and have or keep loosing some. when retuning, it only seems to find a certain amount of channels. Some are missing eg BBC2, then when I retune sometimes BBC2 is back again but other channels are now missing eg ITV. Does anyone know what is going on here?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
saburke26
Explorer

I'm having this problem too and it is driving me mad! I have no answers though.

My tv is the KDL-26S5500 and I have retuned, retuned withouth the aerial attached and retuned again. I get different channels after every try, but have gained the wonderful Create and Craft on channel 23 which does not appear on the Freeview listings!

And the remote is SO slow.

profile.country.GB.title
JuPaJu123
Explorer

Oh no, I have the same model. But what is going on?

profile.country.GB.title
saburke26
Explorer

I've just found some of my (current) missing channels up in the 800 range. So they're possibly not disappearing but saving into the wrong position... I don't know how to fix that either though!

profile.country.GB.title
saburke26
Explorer

I've just had this reply from Sony. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

In reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KDL-26S5500, we are sorry to learn that the TV loses the connection.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, please preform the below:

1- Unplug the TV from the mains for 60 seconds.

2- Remove all external devices.

3- Reset the TV by following the steps on page 27, under Auto Start up section:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/res/manuals/4127/41277351M.pdf

4- Try Digital manual tuning, on page 29, using the link below:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

5- Please try another Ariel on the TV, if possible.

6- Please try the same Ariel on another TV, if possible.

profile.country.GB.title
JuPaJu123
Explorer

I also found now my missing channels in the 800s. So they are there just not sorted properly. It was a bit slow to get them at the right place so I only did for the ones I watch regularly. So I have no idea if all if them are there, but I assume so. That means to me it cannot be an aerial problem as I receive the channels they just get the wrong number assigned. So it is working for now I am just worrying about the next retune.

Thanks for the pointers

profile.country.GB.title
saburke26
Explorer

I have read something about the channels storing in the wrong place due to strength of signal at the time you retune but haven't looked into what this means yet. The Digital Spy forums seem to have some good information. I've emailed Sony back and asked them for their suggestions. I guess we can manually retune each moved channel but that sounds very tedious, and likely to need redoing every time the TV needs retuning...