Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview HD and 40NX803 problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Digital_J
Visitor

Freeview HD and 40NX803 problems

I've had a quick search through the forums and couldn't immediately see anything that matched my issue, so apologies if this is something that has already been discussed.

My issue is around receiving freeview hd on my 40nx803. I am running the latest firmware (according to the online update option on the tv) and have a good signal using the built in tuner on all other (non hd) channels. Even the HD channels are showing need 100% on signal strength and quality, however they appear heavily pixilated and after some time they show with a message along the lines of "this channel cannot be decoded".

Interestingly I have managed to receive freeview HD on this set with all the same settings and cables.

Now comes the interesting bit, after a bit of messing about it 'seems' (and this is by no means a proven theory) that I can get HD when the TV comes out of standby on a HD channel, but NOT when I start on a non HD channel then change up.

This weekend I picked up a Humax HDR-FOX T2 and can use that to receive HD signals even when the TV is showing the pixilated picture. Turn the TV to a HD channel and then off for 10 minutes, then back on and it's all good.

Anyone else ever seen anything like this, or can give me anything to try?

Thanks!

Andy

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, strange - might be worth testing the TV on a different aerial connection if you have a friend or a relative you can nip round to. It could be the TV or it could the the aerial/cable itself. Maybe the BRAVIA tuner is a little more sensitive than the Humax tuner?

I'd definitely try and isolate the issue first as its hard to tell where the problem lies exactly right now.

Hope this helps