Join now - be part of our community!

Install/Update Flash Player on the browser of KDL-37EX521

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
RaduGrigore
Visitor

Install/Update Flash Player on the browser of KDL-37EX521

Hello all,

I just bought Sony Bravia  KDL-37EX521. It's a cool tv which can be used in so many ways.

However, there is one thing that I don't know how to do. I wanted to use the Opera browser to watch short films on a local website. The player on the website, like also youtube does, uses Adobe Flash Player 9. It seems this is not something that is supported currently on my tv.

I thought that a software update will fix the problem and I did one directly from the tv, while connected to the internet. However, the update contained other features but not the Flash Player that I need.

Does anybody know how would I install/update Flash Player?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

No plans to support Flash on the current models I'm afraid. Aside from licensing costs, Flash is pretty punishing on processors, thus there are very few TV's on the market today that support it.

Youtube also uses h.264 which is why it works on the TV.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

No plans to support Flash on the current models I'm afraid. Aside from licensing costs, Flash is pretty punishing on processors, thus there are very few TV's on the market today that support it.

Youtube also uses h.264 which is why it works on the TV.

Thanks

RaduGrigore
Visitor

Thank you for the quick answer. I understand that the processor power might be an issue.

Then... the only thing that I can hope is for Opera to start supporting HTML5 as quick as posible and for Sony to update it through a software update.

HTML5 starts to be used more and more. The website I was targeting offers the possibility to play the movie with HTML5.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Hi everybody,

I back again.

Answer

There is no option to install adobe flash player in Bravia, but You realy do not needed. It is message from server him self.

You can whatch You Tube on Bravia Internet Video option but not in browser option...ok?

So just ignore it.

Regards

Damac

Mik999
Visitor

Hi,

No chances to update Opera to watch movie on HTML5?