Join now - be part of our community!

signing in to ebay?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ancousins

signing in to ebay?

Hi All

I am a newbie to smart tv and was wondering if is possible to sign in to an Ebay account with my bravia

kdl40cx523 ? I am able to get as far as entering my account details and password but no further.

Thanks in advance

Neil

8 REPLIES 8
drhowells
New

Hi, I have the 32 inch version of the same TV and just tried it....and it worked.....but I am amazed it did. In my opinion, this is one of the worst sites to try and view on a SmartTV. It has so many different components to it and with lots of graphics and content on screen at once. I was actually quite surprised it loaded at all. It will also be a nightmare to buy things on here and try to enter payment information, even using a remote keyboard of some kind e.g. on a laptop.

The web browser does work on basic sites, but anything with Flash animations, lots of graphics etc will struggle or not work at all.

That all said, I was able to log in and it did work on the first page. When you try, what happens exactly?

ancousins

When I have enterned my details in the two boxes on the log in page I can go no further, I am pressing the centre button on the remote but the browser ( or web page )seems to ignore the input

drhowells
New

OK, so just to check, you have entered in the 'User Id' and 'Password' and then moved down to the 'Sign In' button and pressed the Select button (on the remote) to log in?

ancousins

correct - id and password entered, moved down to sign and pressed select ( centre ) button on remote and....

......nothing!

drhowells
New

Not sure what to say about this. I tried it and it worked. You may have to wait for someone else to come along with some suggestions i'm afraid. One quick thing though....have you tried turning the TV off at the mains for a minute or so and then trying again?  I know it sounds like a bad IT joke (have you tried turning off and on again?) but it will clear any temporary settings on the TV and give you a clear slate to try and log in properly. Worth a try :slight_smile:

ancousins

Just to confirm something in case I am being dull - the select button on the remote is the centre button below

"sync menu" ?

drhowells
New

Hi, sorry, I did wonder if I should have been clearer about that....yes it is :slight_smile:

ancousins

Tried turning tv off at mains, tried upper and lower case, looks like I will have to use laptop for ebay!