Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview HD streaming

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpfisher
Visitor

Freeview HD streaming

Does this model support/allow freeview hd streaming. I have tried with a couple of channels.

Are there plans to update the firmware for this to allow streaming in the future. I thought I was buying a TV that had me fully prepared for the digital swichover, but looks like I was mistaken

Steve

Message was edited by: carpfisher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

I think the Freeview streaming spec was defined in the DTG's D-Book 7 published after the releae of this model, so unlikely it will support it I'm afraid.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
drhowells
New

What do you mean by Freeview HD 'streaming'? Which model are you talking about?

carpfisher
Visitor

the kdl-32ex403  software up to date with pkg4.110eul-0108

There are a couple of channels so far i have located, the first one is connect which does religeous programs, won't work as it states my tv does not support Freeview HD streaming... quoted directly from the tv. My hd recorder does support this as I have been able to tune in on my other telly, which is not full hd

drhowells
New

Is your TV connected to the internet? These streaming channels have to have an internet connection for them to work.

carpfisher
Visitor

Yes, I get the sony internet services, just not the freeview streaming

Catmambo
Contributor

I think the Freeview streaming spec was defined in the DTG's D-Book 7 published after the releae of this model, so unlikely it will support it I'm afraid.

Thanks

carpfisher
Visitor

ok, thanks