Join now - be part of our community!

guide button on my KDL-22S550 Bravia tv remote

profile.country.en_GB.title
forestdweller
Visitor

guide button on my KDL-22S550 Bravia tv remote

The guide button on my KDL-22S550 Bravia tv remote does not work. Can anyone help, please?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are many guide on the internet that assist in fixing buttons on a remote control. A google search will bring up many. However they do require you to take apart the remote control. If you are not confident in doing so, your best bet is to purchase a new one.

I am always on the phylosophy that if you are intending on replacing the faulty product, what harm would it really do, in attempting to fix it (disclaimer, not including electricals and dangerous stuff)

Example

http://minidiy.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/repair-remote-control-faulty-buttons-in.html

Hope that helps you.

forestdweller
Visitor

Well, that was very helpful and I am grateful. I assumed it was the tv that was at fault, not the remote, after I'd changed its batteries. I think I can follow your instructions - if not, I'll get a new remote. Thanks again.

forestdweller
Visitor

This is further to my post of February 28th. I just wanted to say that I have found the solution to the remote not working. What you have to do is post a request on this forum asking for help. It's worked a treat for me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im I taking it that those instructions on that website I linked, worked?

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

forestdweller
Visitor

Well no, I might still have to use those instructions but - the fact is that since I posted for the second time, the remote guide button has been working perfectly!! How do you explain that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL !!

Well.......The Sony Corporation is a living breathing entity, that cannot be stopped. It has a will of its own, and whos to know what the wishes of the Sony Corporation is.

Glad its working for you though !