Join now - be part of our community!

Hard Copy Manual for KDL-32W705B

SOLVED
fossmartin
Explorer

Hard Copy Manual for KDL-32W705B

I am trying to obtain a hard copy manual for the SONY KDL-32W705B without any success. SONY UK have not been helpful at all and I was wondering if there were any other sources I should look at. SONY do provide a lengthy reference guide but this is near enough useless.  Any assistance would be apprecicated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I still cannot upload PDFs here, but I have taken the liberty in converting the iManual to PDF for you.  Please see the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kkwcw39byz8vqf/iManual%20-%20%28KDL-32W705B%29.pdf

Hope that helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Unfortunately you cannot obtain a hardcopy of the manual.  Sony provide some manuals in PDF, and the main one in a web-based format.  You could convert that web-based iManual to a PDF and print the whole lot, or relevant sections as a work-around. 

The iManual you require is : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE334111/EN/index.html

Instructions below:

1. Find the exact URL (web address) of the manual you wish to convert.  Manuals located : HERE
    (an example : http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/eng/NX72x/index.html )
  2. Copy that web address and goto a website called Website2PDFand paste that web address in the box provided and click [Next]
  3. It will then come up with a list of topics which they are already pre-selected, so just click [Next] again
  4. The website will then crawl and download all the links associated, with that initial iManual web address (will take approximately 3-4 minutes)
  5. Once it has done, it may give you the option to edit individual sections (but quite often doesnt though).  Simply click [Next] again.
  6. The website will now covert those individual webpages that it found into PDF format (approx 2 mins or so)
  7. Once it has converted, simply click the [Download] button.

Cheers

fossmartin
Explorer

I have just bought this TV and see no reason why I should go to the trouble of converting a file to PDF to get the manual. If I bought a Panasonic TV a manual I would have been provided with a manual without question.

If SONY can provide a hard copy (200 page) reference guide there is no reason why they can provide a hard copy of the I-Manual. Plus the fact I do not have a printer to print off the Manual. 

I am sure I am not the only consumer with this issue and SONY need to take this matter more seriously.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

I agree with you on that.  I was only suggesting a work-around thats all.  However you might be best to contact Sony directly : HERE - to get a direct response on why they do not provide a hard-copy manual. 

Cheers

fossmartin
Explorer

The reason (which is false) is on enviromental grounds....so why do they provide a 200 page printed Reference Guide with the TV?  I am afraid there argument just does not stand up and they should provide a hard copy of the I-Manual to those customers that request it.

This is an ongoing issue with SONY UK and it appears they will not listen to customer requests and in most cases just ignore the matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand that the reference guide also serves approx 20 languages?  The iManual is approx 180pages, if you times that by 20 languages you get 3,600 pages.  That would be a lot of paper.

Anyhow, as this is a Community Forum, you would need to contact Sony directly, to address your complaint.

Cheers

fossmartin
Explorer

As I have previously stated SONY have been most unhelpful...and this is NOT a new issue. There are other posts that relate to the same problem of not having access to printed manuals....and talking to SONY is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

Hence why I posted here in order that someone may know how I could get a hard copy of the I-Manaul.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

So few people use or need the manual these days, especially for simple bits of kit like Tv's which all operate in pretty much the same way and as noted they are all available online for free as .pdf's it really isn't as big an issue as you are making out. 

fossmartin
Explorer

As far as I am aware the i-Manual is NOT available in PDF format as you suggest. It would be very simple for SONY UK to provide a manual in at least a printable format. I question why Panasonic provide proper TV manuals if they are so unnecessary.

fossmartin
Explorer

Message to SONY UK:

Please can you kindly provide me with the I-Manual for the KDL-32W705B in PDF format in order that I can print it out.

Many thanks.