Join now - be part of our community!

Have a sony bravia 46" HD TV but the sound output when connected to a sky + HD box is very poor and has to be set very loud with the volume control but has to be reduced by half when in normal TV reception.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilgoost
Visitor

Have a sony bravia 46" HD TV but the sound output when connected to a sky + HD box is very poor and has to be set very loud with the volume control but has to be reduced by half when in normal TV reception.

Sky say there is no adjustable sound output from the Sky +HD box and just have to adjust the TV volume.

Surely it should not be neccesary to turn the volume up by more than double that in normal TV mode and turn it back down again before going back to TV mode to avoid being deafened or bursting the TV speakers.

Anyone able to help or have the same problem.

Cheers

Bill G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

press options on your tv remote, then sound, scroll down till you see volume offset click that and whatever A/V input your using move the slider for that up or down (in your case, up) till the volume from the sky box matches the level of the tv you want.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

press options on your tv remote, then sound, scroll down till you see volume offset click that and whatever A/V input your using move the slider for that up or down (in your case, up) till the volume from the sky box matches the level of the tv you want.

wilgoost
Visitor

thank you thank you thank you , bravia55 that did the trick .

cheers Bill G.

tonydom
New

Excellent tip. Worked a treat on my Bravia. Sky should have fixed this with their new software. The old software allowed you to change volume.

Hoppo1939
New

My basic remote for my TV does not give me options to change quality of sound?