Join now - be part of our community!

HD channel issues on KDL-40V2000

HD channel issues on KDL-40V2000

sandyb

I have a Sony KDL-40V2000 which has built-in Freeview but, as I live in an area which cannot receive a Freeview signal, I am using a Freesat box (FOXSAT-HDR/GB/500GB) via an HDMI cable. When scrolling through the TV channels on the Freesat box, quite often when I reach an HD channel, the picture disappears (sound is still available) and the only way to get the picture back is to turn the TV off and then on again.

How do I stop this happening? Do I need to update the TV's software / firmware although Sony state there are no updates available? As I have no Freeview signal, I cannot do this through the TV aerial input but there must be some other solution.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Sandyb

This may sound a bit of a fob-off, but it really isnt.  I dont believe this is a TV issue.  This appears to be an issue with the FOXSAT Freesat box or satellite connection - as that is the only thing you are using.

A couple of things I can advise:

• Replace the HDMI cable from the Freesat box to the TV - You never know, it could be faulty
  • Check the condition of your aerial that connects from the wall/Satelite to the freesat box.  If the aerial looks like it has seen better days, replace it.
  • Contact the manufacturer of the Freesat box, they might have a software update for it.
  • Contact Freesat themselves and request their advice. Details HERE

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried another HDMI cable and the aerial wire is new so can't be that.  I have another identical Freesat boc connected to another TV and that works fine, so first I will try changing the box over and see if that makes aby difference.