Join now - be part of our community!

HDD recorder

SOLVED

HDD recorder

The handset (RMT D259) for my SVR HDT1000 HDD recorder is not allowing me to access the System Menu, Title List and Guide functions. Everything else is ok. Have reset the hdd with no effect,

Any suggestions, do I need a new hand controller?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things to try

1. Ensure that you have not accidently reset the remote control IR codes.  See page 44 of the manual : Here
  2. Failing another remote control (and assuming you have tried fresh batteries) - You could "carefully" prise the remote control apart, and clean the contacts of where the rubber buttons meets the PCB board.
  3. Failing that, you may wish to replace the remote control.  See the following page : Here

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things to try

1. Ensure that you have not accidently reset the remote control IR codes.  See page 44 of the manual : Here
  2. Failing another remote control (and assuming you have tried fresh batteries) - You could "carefully" prise the remote control apart, and clean the contacts of where the rubber buttons meets the PCB board.
  3. Failing that, you may wish to replace the remote control.  See the following page : Here

Cheers

Bingo, amazed how much fluff there was inside.

Worked for a while, but have now ordered a replacement,

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a shame that it didnt work for longer.  Was worth a try at least.