Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Ports 55X9005A & HT-XT3

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

HDMI Ports 55X9005A & HT-XT3

Hi,

A quick question to those who are knowledable. 

I am trying to play BT 4K TV but my 9005A does not have HDCP2.2 content protection on it.

However I do have a HT-XT3 speaker system attached and that DOES have HDMI1 that HDCP2.2 compatible. 

So if I use HDMI1 through my speaker system will that work on my TV or does HDMI ports accross the whole system need to be HDCP2.2?

Cheers

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Considering you have all the equipment - why not give it a go?  Although I am on the understanding that all links in the chain need to support HDCP2.2

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Cridler
Explorer

Hi,

Alas I dont have the 4K box as it is £200.

Since i wrote this topic, SONY say that HDMI Port 4 WILL work with the HDCD 2.2 on my TV.

That is a nice surprise so I am thinking of buying the 4k Box now. 

Does anyone else use 4K Ultra TV on a 9005A?

Cheers

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi Cridler,

I own a 55X9005A, although I do not 'stream' 4K content as my broadband connection is too slow.

It is a known fact that streamed 4K is not the full experience anyway due to the compression codec. I would prefer to buy/rent the optical disc in every circumstance, to that end I have been investigating the new 4K Ultra Blu-ray Player here

Depending when you bought your model there was an upgrade to HDMI Port 4, either by a software version upgrade or at manufacture. This converted the port to HDMI 2.0 and enabled the HDCP 2.2 copy protection protocol. This then is the port you would connect any 4K capable device to. A quick check for you is to press the 'inputs' button on the top left of your main remote, a window will open on your television screen with all available inputs. Look down the list and under HDMI 3 should be Version 2.0

The caveat being that port 4 is not ARC enabled so to connect audio you would have to use the optical connection - this also has limits with various audio formats unfortunately.

Please feel free to ask any more questions and I will try to help.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it