Join now - be part of our community!

Help please re internet access

Jax2001
Explorer

Help please re internet access

I've just bought a KDL-42W65 and am trying to set up the internet access.  I get as far as the screen for inputting the wireless password and can't get any further.  No matter what button I press I can't get past that screen.  Instructions say to follow the onscreen instructions but there are none on how to get past that screen.  Anyone have ant advice.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Jax2001 and welcome to the Community.

Firstly can I ask do you have the seperate UWA-BR100 wifi adaptor connected?

Jax2001
Explorer

I don't know what that is so I'm guessing not. No-one mentioned anything like that when I bought the tv which was recommended as it was easy to use and connect to the internet. Is that something I need?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Did you purchase the TV in the UK?

For example I can only find references to this set in India.

Is that the full / correct model number? You can check this as follows:

28-08-2013 17-43-59.png

For example advertising blurb (not from Sony) states "BRAVIA KDL-W650A also allows you to explore Internet contents on its Full HD screen by simply connecting a Wi-Fi dongle." and "Wireless LAN Ready (requires Wi-Fi adaptor UWA-BR100)"

The tv has wifi direct which means you can connect another wifi direct / wifi compatible device such as a smartphone or pc without using a router.

If you can check the model number etc that would help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jax

Dont worry, you dont need to purchase anything extra, Wifi is built into your TV. 

The following instructions ( Here ) are how to connect your TV to the internet.  If it still fails, can you describe at what part it fails. 

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Fingers crossed that will help Quinnicus - this is a hard model to find with the model number given.

A sony page told me this model is not available any more lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having an assumption that its the KDL-42W653a or the 654a model (it seems only logical, to me anyway)

Note: You know what they say about assume though.

Jax2001
Explorer

It's the KDL-42W653A.  No idea where I got the earlier number.  Have managed to link to my wifi.  Thanks for the help and advice from you both.  I'm not very techi, working on the basis that I'm only in charge cos I can unplug a machine.  Any idea how I access BBC i Player.  Was told I could by the salesman in John Lewis but when I tried to get in via the internet it said that my device did not support it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try Refresh Internet Contect by

1. Press the [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Scroll across until you find "Settings"
  3. Scroll down until you find "Network" then press [OK] on remote control
  4. Scroll down and highlight "Refresh Internet Content" and press [OK] on the remote control (it may take a minute or two)

When done, Return out of everything and see if it then works.  Further instructions : Here

Hope that assists

Jax2001
Explorer

Thanks. I'll give that a try.