Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream can't connect to 40HX753 - well not any longer!!

profile.country.GB.title
clearit08
New

Homestream can't connect to 40HX753 - well not any longer!!

HI all,

How can I get a reliable connection for homestream?

I've tried steaming music and video to 40HX753 from my pc running win xp sp3, wifi, BT Homehub3 and compatible PC cards. First using DLNA media player sharing, which worked for a while but TV then wouldn't load the files despite rebooting everything.  Many hours wasted!

I recently installed Homestream which worked immediately and now it won't work despite reinstalling/refreshing/ rebooting, it's a bl***y nightmare. The Homestream console sees the devices but shows them as inactive and TV shows the icon for Homestream but not active. Windows firewall has Homesteam as exception so that shouldn't block it. How can I get this garbage to work?

As I see it this TV has a great picture but it stops there. Sooo Slooow.

Mike

Message was edited by: clearit08

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

To be honest, if you were having problems with a previous DLNA sever and then now having problems with Homestream, it sounds like the router is the cause of the problem. Most of these bits of software work without the need for much configuration so gut instinct is its the network. How is the router connected to the TV & PC? Wireless or Wired. Defintitely worth hardwiring/homepluging if you are streaming video as this will address the speed issues as well.

profile.country.GB.title
clearit08
New

The previous DLNA server was sharing from Windows Media Player wirelessly thro BT Homehub 2, this now replace by BT homehub 3 as changed to Infinity.

The slow issue is not video streaming but my expression for the slow motion way the TV operates, typically  loading Iplayer compared to  PC loading Iplayer which is a lot faster.

I reinstalled homestream again this morning and all worked ok. Switched off TV and left PC running.  This evening I fired up the TV and the Homestream was shown disconnected.  The PC homestream console showed the TV as inactive so I restarted the hub but no effect, then tried refreshing homestream, no good, then rebooted PC also no good and could not reconnect homestream again.

I have thus uninstalled and reinstalled homestream again but this time had message on PC regarding JAVA

" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source"

So went to Java website and have reinstalled and tested JAVA with windows firewall "OFF"

The Homestream has now loaded files into library and the TV is active and I can play files.

If the connection is relliable and can be repeated tomorrow it may have been JAVA which was the problem but that's just a guess as I have no idea how JAVA functions.

Ok it's Saturday.

The homestream once again fails so it's not JAVA!

TV Shows as inactive on PC homestream console and also TV can't connect.

Maybe I should try the Serviio software.

Before that I'll try phoning BT Technical help but as you all may know, the impossible we do today, miracles take a little longer.

Message was edited by: clearit08